Conservatory Competition Teams
All About Conservatory Teams
CONSERVATORY – companies for dancers who will be in the 2nd-12th grades. The Conservatory Program is an advanced level competitive program. This program is specifically for dancers whose main goal is to pursue dance beyond high school; considering higher education in dance or making their profession in the dance industry. Dancers will study technique and artistry; emphasizing versatility in all styles of jazz. *Only dancers who receive an invitation (after attending the Varsity Audition) OR have already participated in the Conservatory program should audition for this program.
Our Conservatory Program is divided into four levels of participation:
- Minis - Level 3 and 4 Dancers (3rd & 4th Graders)
- Juniors - Level 5 and 6 Dancers (5th & 6th Graders)
- Teens - Intermediate Level Dancers (7th - 9th Graders)
- Seniors - Advanced Level Dancers (9th - 12th Graders)
UDA BALLET CONSERVATORY – an additional program that is an option for (junior, teen and senior) conservatory dancers who wish to intensify their ballet training with the technical and artistic skills necessary for University Fine Arts participation or professional careers in ballet. UDA Ballet Conservatory is committed to excellence in ballet training and emphasizes the importance of pure classical ballet technique as the technical foundation for various dance styles. UDA Ballet Conservatory dancers are required to add 3.5 hours to the tuition scale as they add an additional ballet technique, pointe technique and variations class to their weekly schedule. Ballet Conservatory participation also adds an additional monthly program fee to cover weekly choreography rehearsal, competition, costume, manager and director fees. *Select UDA Ballet Conservatory Participants will be invited to train in the Youth American Grand Prix – for more info please see enclosed UDA Ballet Conservatory information.
- All dancers who wish to audition for UDA Conservatory (who are not currently a part of the conservatory program) must first attend UDA’s Varsity Program Audition. Dancers will receive an invitation to attend the Conservatory Audition if they are at the considered level.
- Any dancer who is not currently a part of Utah Dance Artists may attend a conservatory ballet and/or jazz technique class on Monday, May 9th along with current UDA conservatory dancers who are their age. This will allow dancers and parents, who are outside of UDA (and may be unfamiliar with the conservatory program) an opportunity to see if their child dances and performs at this level of intensity. Parents must call the UDA Draper Studio at 801-523-5930 to sign up for these classes. UDA Customer Service will provide the times of the appropriate age/level classes for your dancer. Classes are $15 each (with the option of taking classical ballet and/or jazz technique). Dress code for these classes: black leotard and pink tights for ballet and “all black” attire for jazz technique.
- Attend the Pre-Audition Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 7:00 pm @ Draper Studio
- Need to be a current UDA Conservatory Member OR have received a personal invitation to audition.
- Audition dates and times:
- Mini Company *(1st - 3rd grade): Saturday, June 4th from 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Junior Company *(4th - 6th grade): Saturday, June 4th 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Teen Company *(7th - 9th grade): Saturday, June 4th 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Senior Company *(10th - 12th grade): Saturday, June 4th 2:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Complete Audition Packet and turn in on Friday, May 13th, prior to auditions.
- Pay audition fee: $30 (non-refundable and charged on Saturday June 4th - paid by credit card only)
- Turn in a post-dated check for Mandatory Jazz Intensive dated June 13, 2013 - this needs to be turned in on Friday, May 13th at auditions. (This check serves as a deposit - if your child does not make conservatory, this check will be shredded - if your child makes conservatory, it will be cashed. There will be no refunds on this deposit if your child decides not to take their place on the team after they have auditioned.)
- Conservatory dancers attending Adrenaline Nationals: your Jazz Intensive Fee will pay for “Boot Camp”
- Placement Notification: On Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 via email
Conservatory Team Auditions
All About Auditions
Please consider the level of commitment and financial responsibility that comes with being part of these intensive programs. Dancers who have a desire to achieve a higher level of technique and artistry are encouraged to audition for these programs; however, not all dancers who audition will be placed on a team or in a company. Dancers are selected based on their technical ability, performance, artistry, and overall cohesiveness with dancers of a similar ability.Read More About Committment & Cost
Congratulations 2016 - 2017 Conservatory Teams
Amy Beth Anderson