Conservatory Competition Teams
All About Conservatory Competitive Program
Conservatory is a pre-professional level competitive program for dancers in the 2nd - 12th grades who have a desire to dance to a higher level of technique, performance and artistry with the goal of continuing dance in higher eduction or as a professional career.
Conservatory is divided into four levels of participation:
- Minis: 2nd - 5th grade dancers
- Juniors: 5th - 7th grade dancers
- Teens: 7th - 10th grade dancers
- Seniors: 10th - 12th grade dancers
Ballet Conservatory is an add-on program for Junior, Teen, and Senior dancers who already participate in the Conservatory Competitive Program, and serves as an extra training opportunity for Varsity and EPG dancers. Ballet Conservatory provides additional training in ballet technique, pointe and variations, providing a pre-professional training program for serious ballet students. Dancers are grouped according to ability level with age consideration.
Read more information about Ballet Conservatory.
- All dancers who wish to audition for UDA Conservatory (who are not currently a part of the conservatory program) must first attend UDA’s Varsity Program Audition. Dancers will receive an invitation to attend the Conservatory Audition if they are at the considered level.
- Attend the Pre-Audition Mandatory Parent Meeting: Tuesday, June 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm @ Draper Studio
- Need to be a current UDA Conservatory Member OR have received a personal invitation to audition.
- Audition dates and times: June 12th & 13th, 2018
- Mini Company *(2nd - 5th grade): Tuesday, June 12th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Junior Company *(5th - 7th grade): Tuesday, June 12th from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Teen Company *(7th - 10th grade): Wednesday, June 13th from 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Senior Company *(10th - 12th grade): Wednesday, June 13th from 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Complete and turn in audition form
- Pay non-refundable audition fee: $30 (credit card or cash only)
- Turn in a post-dated check for Remix Summer Dance Convention dated June 14, 2018. This check serves as a deposit - if your child does not make a conservatory team it will be shredded - if your child makes a team, it will be cashed. If your child decides not to take their team placement after auditions, there will be no refund on this deposit.
- Placement Notification: On Tuesday, June 15th, 2018 via email.
Conservatory Program Auditions
All About Auditions
Please consider the level of commitment and financial responsibility that comes with being part of these intensive programs. Dancers who have a desire to achieve a higher level of technique and artistry are encouraged to audition for these programs; however, not all dancers who audition will be placed on a team or in a company. Dancers are selected based on their technical ability, performance, artistry, and overall cohesiveness with dancers of a similar ability.Read More About Committment & Cost